Dean was having problems with the velocity of his new marker when using CO2. So he picked up a Palmer stabalizer for his Omen. We took some baseline numbers with the original Detonator reg, using a remote. We're hooking up the new reg now, and we're going to take two sets of numbers once it's running. First we'll get the base numbers with the non-broken in reg. Then, once it's broken in, we'll get a 2nd set of numbers.


All of these numbers were taken with an optical shooting chrony.

Here's the first set of numbers. Original Detonator Reg w/ remote:
Shot Velocity (feet per second) Statistical Analysis
1 274.76 Minimum Velocity: 252.39 fps
Maximum Velocity: 295.27 fps
Mean Velocity: 280.38 fps
Maximum Deviation: 42.88 fps
Standard Deviation: 14.07 fps
2 288.35
3 278.60
4 287.14
5 287.14
6 280.20
7 290.70
8 252.39
9 262.37
10 295.27

We've got the new Palmer stabalizer installed, and gave it a few test fires. Out of 16 shots, they were all very close in velocity. Two shots were out of line from the rest of then, but we think it might have been read error on the chrono. We're gonna take a second set of numbers using both the shooting chrony, and my X-radar chronograph. If the Radar and light based chronographs disagree (+-1 fps) then we'll throw out the shot for our statistics.

Here's the first set:
Shot Velocity (feet per second) Statistical Analysis
1 296.57 Minimum Velocity: 250.84 fps
Maximum Velocity: 303.68 fps
Mean Velocity: 291.23 fps
Maximum Deviation: 42.88 fps
Standard Deviation: 14.14 fps
2 299.39
3 294.29
4 250.84
5 286.22
6 292.05
7 303.68
8 296.42
9 295.27
10 297.59